Maas & Peither AG
Represented by the authorised director of board Barbara Peither
Phone +49 7622 66686-70
Fax +49 7622 66686-77
VAT ID No. DE 251226929
HRB 700572 Amtsgericht Freiburg im Breisgau
Board: Barbara Peither, Thomas Peither
Supervisory Board: Horst Geiger (chairman)
Editor: Barbara Peither, Thomas Peither
Information on online dispute settlement:
The European Commission provides an Internet platform for the settlement of disputes via the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
This platform serves as a contact point of extrajudicial settlement of disputes regarding online purchase contracts or service contracts to which a costumer is party to.
Information pursuant to Section 36 VSBG (Alternative Dispute Resolution Act):
We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in dispute resolution before a consumer arbitration board.
Data privacy statement
Thank you for visiting our web site. We take the protection of your data seriously. We are processing data collected during your visit at our web site in accordance with applicable data protection regulations, particularly in accordance with the German Telemedia Act (TMG), European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG).
This Data Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with the information, which non-personal and personal data we collect during your visit at our web site or during the usage of our online offerings, and how the collected data will be processed and used by us.
With the usage of our web site you declare your consent to the collection and usage of data described below. In the event that you do not approve the described collection and usage of data, you are not allowed to use our web site.
2. Responsible authority and data protection officer
Person in charge according to Article 4 (7) of the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Maas & Peither AG
represented by the authorized executive Barbara Peither
Tel.: +49 (0)7622 66686-70
Fax.: +49 (0) 7622 66686-77
(see our website imprint)
You can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or at our postal address, amended with the addition “Der Datenschutzbeauftragte”.
Please contact our data protection coordinator for any questions at Bettina.Bluhm@gmp-verlag.de or at our postal address.
3. Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Hereafter we are informing you about the collection of personal data, when using our web site www.gmp-publishing.com, including subpages (subsequently called “web site”). Personal data include all data relating to you as a person, such as name, address, email addresses and user behavior.
(2) When contacting us by email or contact form, the data communicated by you (your email address, your name and your phone number, if applicable) is stored by us to answer any questions you may have. Data that is collected in this context is deleted by us, if storage is not required anymore, or we will limit the processing, if legal retention periods exist.
(3) If we refer to mandated service providers for single functions of our offering, or if we want to use your data for business purposes, we will inform you about the according operations as detailed below. In doing so, we will also indicate the established criteria of the storage duration.
4. Your rights
(1) Concerning your personal data you have the following rights with us:
(2) Furthermore you have the right to complain about us at a privacy supervisory body about the processing of your personal data. For example you can contact the supervisory body stated subsequently: The state representative of Baden-Württemberg for Privacy and Freedom of Information, Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart, https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de..
5. Collection of personal data while visiting our web site
(1) Informatory usage of the web site only, meaning if you do not register or transfer information otherwise, we only collect personal data, that your browser transfers to our server. If you want to view our web site, the following data is collected by us, data that is technically required for showing our web site to you and for ensuring stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1), S 1 lit. f GDPR):
(2) Cookies will be stored on your computer in addition to the previously identified data, when using our web site. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your hard disk drive and associated to your browser in use, and through the location, which is set by the Cookie (in this case by us), receive specific information. Cookies can neither execute programs nor transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make internet offerings as a whole more user-friendly and more effective.
a) This web site uses the following types of cookies, hereafter outlined below about their scope and how it works:
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. This particularly includes session cookies. Session cookies will store a so-called session ID, which enables the assignment of different requests of your browser to the collective session. Therefore, this enabled re-recognition of your computer when you return to our web site. Session cookies will be deleted, when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies will be deleted automatically after a predefined period of time, which can be different according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) Configure your browser settings as you wish, for example to reject the recording of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all of the functions of this web site.
f) Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your flash plug-in. We continue to use HTML5-S storage objects, that will be stored on your endpoint. These objects will store the required data independently from your browser in use and do not have an automatic expiration date. If you do not want any processing of the flash cookies, you must install a corresponding add-on, such as “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox, or Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the usage of HTML5 storage objects by using your browser in private mode. Furthermore, we recommend manual deletion of your cookies and browser history on a regular basis.
6. Usage of blog functions
In our blog, where we publish different posts about topics related to our activities, you can post public comments. Your comment in the post is published with your stated user name. We recommend the use of a nickname instead of your real name. Specification of user names and email address is required; any additional information is voluntary. If you post a comment, we will continue to store your IP address. For us, storage is required in order to be able to defend ourselves against liability claims in cases of possible publication of illegal contents. We require your email address in order to be able to contact you in case a third-party claims that your comment is illegal. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. b und f, GDPR. Comments are not verified before publication. We reserve the right to delete comments, if third-parties claim that they are illegal.
7. Usage of our web shop
(1) If you wish to order in our webshop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you provide your personal data that we need for the processing of your order. Mandatory information necessary for the execution of the contracts is marked separately, further details are voluntary. We process the data provided by you to process your order. For this we can pass on your payment data to our house bank and, where applicable, to the payment service providers stated in section 4 below. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. b GDPR. You can voluntarily create a customer account; through which we can save your data for later purchases. Opening an account is mandatory in case of subscriptions, because it is used to provide the subscriber with download links for updates. If you create an account under "My Account", the data you provide will be revocable. Furthermore, we can process the data stated by you, to inform you about additional interesting products from our portfolio, or to submit emails to you including technical information.
(2) Due to commercial and fiscal regulations we are obligated to store your address data, payment data and order date for a period of ten years. However, we apply restrictions to processing after two years, in other words, your data will only be used for adherence to legal obligations.
(3) The order process is encrypted, to prevent unauthorized access of third-parties to your personal data, particularly to your financial data. This is done using the latest state-of-the-art.
(4) For credit card payment we will share your payment data with BS PAYONE GmbH, Lyoner Straße 9, 60528, Frankfurt/Main, Germany, within the scope of the payment processing. Sharing occurs according to Article 6 (1), lit. b GDPR, and only to the extent required for payment processing. Additional Information is available in the Data Privacy Statement of BS PAYONE GmbH. These can be retrieved from: https://www.payone.com/datenschutz/
8.Usage of our portal
(1) Insofar as you wish to use our online portal, you have to register stating your email address and an individual password and your user name that you can select freely. Usage of your real name is not required, usage of nickname is possible. For registration we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. your registration is only completed, if you have acknowledged your registration for this purpose by clicking on the link contained in a submitted confirmation email.
(2) If you use our portal, we store your personal data that is necessary for fulfilling your contract with us, e. g. your payment details, until you terminate your account with us. In addition, we will also store the personal data that you have provided voluntarily for the time of the usage of the portal if you have not deleted, this information before. You can maintain and change all details in the protected customer area. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) In order to prevent your personal data, in particular financial data, from non-authorized access by third-parties, the connection is encrypted, according to the latest state-of-the-art.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you of our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the subscription to our newsletter, we use what is known as the double-opt-in procedure. This means that, after you subscribe, we will send an email to the email address provided asking you to confirm that you would like to receive the newsletter. In addition, we store your IP addresses and time of logon and confirmation used respectively. The purpose of this procedure is to verify your subscription and to be able to detect a possible abuse of your personal data.
(3) Your email address is the only information required to send you the newsletter. Providing additional, separately marked data is voluntary; such data will be used to address you personally. After we receive your confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. Legal basis is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) For distribution of our newsletter we use the email tool CleverReach, which is operated by CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede, Germany. For this purpose, your data will also be stored by CleverReach. CleverReach offers evaluation features, such as how to open and use the newsletters. Your data will not be distributed to other third-parties, and CleverReach does not obtain the right to distribute your data. Additional information is available in the data privacy statement of CleverReach at https://www.cleverreach.com/de/datenschutz/.
(5) You may withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You can declare your withdrawal by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a message to the contact data stated in the imprint.
(6) Please note that we evaluate your user behavior when you receive the newsletter. For this evaluation, the emails we send contain what are known as web beacons or tracking pixels, which are one-pixel image files that are stored on our website or at the service provider stated above and engaged by us. In conducting evaluations, we combine the data mentioned in Section 5 and the web beacons with your email address and individual ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile so that we can tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In doing so, we record when you read our newsletter and which links you click within the newsletter to draw conclusions about your personal interests. We combine these data with actions you take on our website. You can object to this tracking at any time by contacting us using our contact data stated in the imprint. The information will be stored for as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. After you unsubscribe, the data will be erased. This tracking is also not possible, if you have deactivated the display of images in your email program by default. In this case, the display of the newsletter will not be complete and you may not be able to use all functions. If the images are displayed manually, the above mentioned tracking occurs.
10. Usage of Google Analytics
(1) Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysing service of Google Inc. (“Google”) Google Analytics uses so called “cookies”, text files, that are saved on your computer and that make an analysis of the usage of the web site possible. The information generated by the cookie about your usage of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted and saved on a server of Google in the US. In the case of activating the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be previously abbreviated within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transferred to a Google server in the USA and is abbreviated there. In the case IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will shorten your IP address within European Union member states or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to produce reports on website activities for their operators, and to provide other services related to the use of the website and of the Internet.
(2) The IP address transferred by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can adjust your browser software to prevent the installation of cookies.
We would point out that if you do so, you might not be able to make full use of all the functions on this website. Moreover you can prevent the collection of data created by the cookie, and with regard to the usage of the web site to Google (including your IP address), and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This web site uses Google Analytics including the extension “anonymizeIP()”. Therefore, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, and recognition of personal relationship can be excluded. Insofar as personal data collected about you correspond to a personal reference, it will be excluded immediately, and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics is Article 6 (1), S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Information of third-party: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Privacy Overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
and the Data Privacy Statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
11. Usage of Piwik
(1) Our databases www.gmp-berater.de, www.eu-gmp-leitfaden.de and www.gmpcadviser.com utilize the web analysis service Piwik, in order to be able to analyze and improve the leverage of the web site on a regular basis. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Legal basis for the usage of Piwik is Article 6 (1), S. 1, lit. f. GDPR.
(2) Cookies will be stored on your computer for this evaluation. The person responsible stores the information collected exclusively on his server in Germany. The evaluation can be set by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use this website to the full extent. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser.
(3) This website uses Piwik with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. As a result, the IP addresses are processed in shortened form, so that a direct relationship between persons can be excluded. The IP address transmitted by Piwik from your browser will not be merged with other data collected by us.
(4) The program Piwik is an open source project. Third-party privacy information is available at http://piwik.org/privacy/policy.
12. Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all incorporated in the "extended privacy mode", meaning that you do not transfer data about you as a user to YouTube if you are not playing the videos. The data mentioned in section 2 will be only transferred, when you play these videos. We do not have any control of this data transfer.
(2) When you visit this website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under item 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customized advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information on your corresponding rights and settings options for protecting your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has made itself subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. YouTube is operated by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
The integration of the videos is for the preservation of our predominantly entitled interests, within the scope of balancing the interests, for the optimal marketing of our offerings according to Article 6 (1) S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
13. Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables your convenient use of the map function.
(2) When you visit this website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under item 5 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated to your Google profile, you must first log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customized advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
The integration of Google Maps is for the preservation of our predominantly entitled interests, within the scope of balancing the interests, for the optimal marketing of our offers according to Article 6 (1) S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
14. Use of Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use the product Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offerings with the assistance of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. In relation to the data of the advertising campaigns, we are able determine the extent of success of individual advertising measures. In doing so, we are pursuing our interest in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you, making our website more interesting to you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising materials are supplied by Google via so-called “ad servers.” To do this, we use ad server cookies, which measure certain performance metrics such as ad placement or user clicks. If you access our website through a Google ad, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually become ineffective after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. Typically the unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant to post-view conversions), and opt-out information (noting that the user does not wish to be contacting any longer will saved to this cookie as analysis values.
(3) These cookies allow Google to recognize your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Adwords customer’s website and the cookie stored on that user`s computer has not expired, Google and the customer will be able to detect that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to that page. Each Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data as part of the aforementioned advertising measures. We receive statistical analyses provided by Google only. We are able to identify on the basis of these analyses, which of the advertising measures being used is particularly effective. We do not receive any further data from using the advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify the users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser will automatically establish a direct connection to the Google server. We have no control over the extent and the further use of the data, which are collected by Google’s use of this tool and are informing you therefore based on our current level of knowledge: By incorporating AdWords conversion Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding portion of our Internet appearance or clicked on an ad from us. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google may associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a chance that the provider will discover and store your IP address.
(5) You can block participation in this tracking process in several ways: a) by adjusting your browser software accordingly, in particular, the suppression of third-party cookies will prevent you from receiving third-party advertisements; b) by disabling the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com“, https://www.google.com/settings/ads, whereby note that this setting is deleted once you have deleted your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based advertisements of the providers that are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign over the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, whereby note that this setting is deleted once you have deleted your cookies; d) by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We indicate that in this case you may not be able to use the full functions of this offer.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6 (1), sent. 1 (f) GDPR. For more information about privacy at Google, see http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(As of May 24, 2018)